Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: WENT TO JAIL!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 1999
    Posts
    463
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jail just sucks mad, but we must remember that there are people out there that lose control and kill others and the laws are out there for the masses...play and pay frown...Get a lawyer and even though it might cost a little more up front, it will cost you less in the long run...ask my insurance agent and lawyer mad$$$

    ------------------
    1998' 4dr GSR, 8psi JRSC w/hand ported plenum, Walbro HP fuel pump, valves set to .005i/.006e, MSD BTM, B&M CommandFlo regulator(working it out), stock intake w/resinator cut off at fenderwell for "cool air", Greddy sp exhaust, Tokico Illumina 5-ways, Neuspeed springs(sux!), Skunkworks 22mm rear swaybar, ES motor mounts and front swaybar bushings, Yokohama AVS 205/50/15's, Metal Master brake pads(KVR Carbon Fibre pads sitting on work bench) ,B&M fuel pressure gauge, Autometer sport comp A/F gauge in dimmer location...
    and awaiting my YLW 00' ITR due in late March!!!

    Honest officer, I had no idea how fast I was going...the speedometer only gos to 150...

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Ho_Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 1999
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    I will admit to breaking some speed limits, but I've never driven more than 100 mph at the most on any public highway and it was when there was no traffic to be found. My Dad and I were racing each other!
    Ive seen the results of high speed accidents (hamburger) and i'm not willing to risk component failure and my life. So, as far as top speed goes, I don't know what ours could be and I'm not interested in finding out.
    I do occasionally accelerate rather briskly from rolls and sometimes there happens to be another car in the next lane. Once I get a length on him or her, I let off and let that idiot speed off into the distance, tickets, wrecks, etc.
    I still have plenty of fun, but I suppose I'm too straight to fit with most my age?

  3. #13
    Inactive Member ArturboGSR98's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 1999
    Posts
    244
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey mac, its good to know that you are ok. Man you are nuts!!! Hey give me a call so we can talk. I gotta inform you on some stuff I got planed for the future.

    Your little bro,
    art

  4. #14
    Inactive Member AllMotor+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2000
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Sorry to hear Mac,

    I HATE cops that just run around all day helping the state raise funds to pay for the politicians marbled washrooms and $40K toilet seats. anywayz...

    I was on my way down to LA (for spring break) from here in Seattle with my girl and we were passing through Oregon and got nailed in a speed trap with a plane (I was the third one to pull over). Totally bogus shit too - 82 in a "just turned 65 from 70 zone"

    Got it up to 140 a few times through out the week that I was down there, could've easily top it out at 150, but the fear of jail kicks in right around then. Sounds like you experienced my worst nighmare frown

    Good luck with the court deal and definately get a good lawyer.

    Let us know what kind of ticket they give you for excessive speed (reckless I'd assume)

    Tony in Seattle

    O yeah- I thought they were pretty tough out there in Texas, but I guess they don't fuck around when you get up in those triple digits huh?
    ------------------
    Much love to the imports tongue

    [This message has been edited by AllMotor+ (edited March 28, 2000).]

  5. #15
    MTRS the 1st
    Guest MTRS the 1st's Avatar

    Post

    Hi everyone!

    It's funny some persons comments that they wouldn't "do this or I'm too smart to do that" jus make me laugh and piss me off a bit. Ever since I got this kit I've beat the living piss out of this car, I can honestly state that I have gotten my 150% out of this product. I run her day in day out and 110 thousand miles later she's still going strong. Maybe it was the decision to go with the RC 270 injectors, maybe it was the conservative timing, maybe its having 2 fuel pumps, hell maybe I've just been fortunate.

    Anyways here's the deal.

    The fines were paid, there is no court date, I pick up the car tomorrow, and since I have no Texas license, no points there I guess, (but I'm no expert).

    I was alone in the cell, my breakfast was a honeybun and an OJ.

    I chalk it up to an expensive "occurence", and I still wont stop speeding. Giving enough opportunities IT WILL HAPPEN TO MANY OF YOU.

    Happy Camping!

    Mac (ex-con import racer)

    ------------------


    The Import (ex-con) Avenger

    [This message has been edited by MTRS the 1st (edited March 28, 2000).]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 1999
    Posts
    463
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    smile...

    ------------------
    1998' 4dr GSR, 8psi JRSC w/hand ported plenum, Walbro HP fuel pump, valves set to .005i/.006e, MSD BTM, B&M CommandFlo regulator(working it out), stock intake w/resinator cut off at fenderwell for "cool air", Greddy sp exhaust, Tokico Illumina 5-ways, Neuspeed springs(sux!), Skunkworks 22mm rear swaybar, ES motor mounts and front swaybar bushings, Yokohama AVS 205/50/15's, Metal Master brake pads(KVR Carbon Fibre pads sitting on work bench) ,B&M fuel pressure gauge, Autometer sport comp A/F gauge in dimmer location...
    and awaiting my YLW 00' ITR due in late March!!!

    Honest officer, I had no idea how fast I was going...the speedometer only gos to 150...

  7. #17
    Inactive Member plumvtec's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 1999
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I think that is awsome. biggrin To be arrested for speeding ! It just goes to show how dedicated you are to speed. Hopefully, one day, I too will be incarcerated for doing twice the legal limit.

    I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.

    ------------------
    '96 JR6 GSR Sedan
    '93 Honda CBR 900RR
    -------------------------
    4Sale:New Holley 255 fuel pump kit
    #12-906 (Integra/civic)
    $200 shipped COD


  8. #18
    1fstGSR
    Guest 1fstGSR's Avatar

    Post

    Well I guess I should fess up. I out ran cops in Selma, Alabama in a blue accord doing 118 MPH (per them) in 1986. (man am I showing my age here) Led half the force all over town, through westend (Bad bad side of town) down 2 country dirt roads. Lost all of them and thought I had it made when I got home! smile Well 30 minutes later I am back in my room chillin out and the door bell rings with 6 cops asking who was driving the blue accord parked in the driveway. You could probably here my dad call my name in Japan. frown Well I lost my license for a month and my dad made me bicycle to school for the whole time (it was 12 miles to school from where I was ) rolleyes Anyway all it taught me is that there is a time and place for everything including hauling ass.
    Keep it real MTRS.
    Will

    ------------------
    13.24 on a smokin' motor can't be bad!?!




    [This message has been edited by 1fstGSR (edited March 28, 2000).]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member FoxRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ho Train, I wouldn't call it not fitting in with your age group. I'd call it being smart. When I drive in heavy traffic I might want to be going faster than everybody else and weaving in and out of the lanes but I don't. I'm a competent driver but I can't say the same for anybody else that is around me on the road. If I start weaving around the lanes and speeding in fits and spurt I then become a danger to other persons on the road who are not as capable or confident in their driving. Conversly, the reactions they may have from me driving like a 'punk maniac' become a real danger to me.

    Risking my life alone on an empty highway is one thing. Risking the lives of people of other people is quite another thing. One of the reasons I'm not too terribly keen on street racing.

    Going F*ckNut fast is fun. But doing so in an unsafe manner that could hurt others isn't.

    Sean

    ------------------
    - Atomic 'Teg -
    Blown '99 Milano Red GSR w/a filter on a stick.
    DC Sports 4-2-1 stainless header on deck.

    [This message has been edited by FoxRocket (edited March 28, 2000).]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member y0ssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Sounds like you got off pretty easy, Mack. Good deal. biggrin

    I think we've all broken the law because we all have fast cars. Even when we say we wouldn't, it's hard to resist that wave of testosterone that starts surging through the veins when a rustang pulls up or you see a wide open road ahead.

    Here's my take on how to drive irresponsibly in an responsible manner. (that make any sense? tongue) :

    Don't drive unpredictably. Other drivers are better able to deal with you if you are not blasting through lanes and cutting people off. This is why I don't jump across lanes in rush hour traffic. If people can't predict my behavior, they might smash into me, and I don't want that to happen to my beloved supra.

    Pick your moments!!! Play that little voice in your head and weigh the possible consequences. If a little part of me feels uncomfortable in any way, I won't step up, even if the vette in the other lane is revving the piss out of his car! That little voice may not be 100% right, but it's right enough of the time to listen to.

    Know the area. Try not to speed or race in an area that you don't know well. This can avoid speed traps. Example: In the santa cruz hills, there a road I like to bomb every once in a while. However, around a blind turn, some einstein put a boulder 4 feet into the road to get speeders. I know about this, so I can watch out for it when I get there, but if I didn't know the road, I could end up on top of that boulder....or a speed trap...

    Sorry for the novel, but that's my take on things.

    Mack- nice kill! biggrin oops, wrong story. wink

    ------------------
    regards,
    dan,
    93.5 supra tt
    "Minivan passing power"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •